All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to creationvsevolution

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Print view | E-mail friend

Human Population Level
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time

Looking at the human population chart we can see that the human population can be traced back to 6 thousand years ago not millions

Report this post

Re: Human Population Level
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:28 pm 
Researcher
Researcher

Quote:
Looking at the human population chart we can see that the human population can be traced back to 6 thousand years ago not millions
On your graph you have a '?' (at about 2500BC) which is then extrapolated back.
What value is that '?' meant to be?

p.s.
Could you provide a link to where it is claimed that human population can be traced back millions of years?

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

here is a better chart of how the creation model shows human population chart which i belive is a accurate chart

see for yourself

If the human population had been growing over millions of years there would be much much more then 6 billion people on the Earth today

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:19 am 
Researcher
Researcher

Where did the 9 billion population figure (just before the flood) come from?
That would mean that there would be half again as many people on Earth as there is today.

It would also mean that it took 2000 years to go from 2 people to 9 billion - but it took 5500 years to get to the current 6 billion.
Why the difference?

Why do you think that the population growth is almost flat between the flood and 1800?
What has changed in the past 200 years that caused our population to grow so fast?
What do you think prevented it from growing quickly prior to 1800's?

Crazynutsx wrote:
If the human population had been growing over millions of years there would be much much more then 6 billion people on the Earth today
I'll repeat the request from my previous post:
Could you provide a link to where it is claimed that the human population can be traced back millions of years?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 am 
Advanced Debater
Advanced Debater

Aw gee! The Bunny Blunder! Classic creationist nonsense! Gets its name from the observation that, what with the rate at which rabbits procreate, the present world population of rabbits could come from two bunnies 100 years ago.

The really fun part is when you apply your model to obtain the world population for historical events in the ancient world. Well, H. Morris' model, which I've researched. And don't forget the population bottleneck due to Noah's Flood, so you really should be talking about starting with 8 people at the time of the Flood.

I Thessalonians 5:21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Don Marquis: If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 am 
Advanced Debater
Advanced Debater

Crazynutsx wrote:
here is a better chart of how the creation model shows human population chart which i belive is a accurate chart

see for yourself

Better fix that image before people start to think that you play with invisible charts. I'm really not sure how BBCodes are supposed to handle that.

For the sake of lurkers, the two URLs you tried to use are:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/charts.png/
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7268/charts.png

Don Marquis: If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 am 
Advanced Debater
Advanced Debater

Crazynutsx wrote:

In this case, the URLs are:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... ation.png/
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6729/population.png

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:09 am 
Site Admin

Panda wrote:

Well if you know anything at all about the creation view people before the flood lived to be much older then humans are today

Panda wrote:
Why do you think that the population growth is almost flat between the flood and 1800?
What has changed in the past 200 years that caused our population to grow so fast?

I belive its grown soo fast in 200 years becuase of modern medicine, people are now living longer due to better health care

DWise1 wrote:
Aw gee! The Bunny Blunder! Classic creationist nonsense! Gets its name from the observation that, what with the rate at which rabbits procreate, the present world population of rabbits could come from two bunnies 100 years ago.

Rabbits are irrelivent, were not talking about rabbits

DWise1 wrote:
And don't forget the population bottleneck due to Noah's Flood, so you really should be talking about starting with 8 people at the time of the Flood.

If you see the chart i have included the 8 people from the ark

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 am 
Advanced Debater
Advanced Debater

Crazynutsx wrote:
DWise1 wrote:

Rabbits are irrelivent, were not talking about rabbits

Au contraire! Population growth models are population growth models, equally applicable to all species. Henry Morris' problem was that he used a simplistic model, one that does not reflect reality. It would have us drowning in bunnies.

Crazynutsx wrote:
DWise1 wrote:
And don't forget the population bottleneck due to Noah's Flood, so you really should be talking about starting with 8 people at the time of the Flood.

If you see the chart i have included the 8 people from the ark

The chart did not display at work.

So what are your sources? What is the model that they describe? Bibliography, please!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:19 am 
Researcher
Researcher

Crazynutsx wrote:
Panda wrote:
Well if you know anything at all about the creation view people before the flood lived to be much older then humans are today

Fascinating.
I'll try again: where did the 9 billion population figure (just before the flood) come from?
There was no global census in 3500BC - so how was the value calculated?
There must be a reason for the graph having that figure.

Crazynutsx wrote:
Panda wrote:
I belive its grown soo fast in 200 years becuase of modern medicine, people are now living longer due to better health care

I completely agree.
Which means that the reason for the very flat growth 3500BC-1800AD is due to a lack of modern medicine, technology, etc.

So...
Why would the 5500BC to 3500BC growth line be so steep?

Report this post