All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to creationvsevolution

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
  Print view | E-mail friend

Evidence
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time
Is that actully any evidence that can possible count towards macro evolution and if soo can somone show me cuz im finding it hard to come up with some

You can prove that a fossile had any offspring, even if you could how would you know what other fossil is its offspring ?

Also is there an example of a benificial mutation, which is supposed to be the driving force behing natrual selection

Anyone who can help me out with any information id be greatful

in the mean time i shall do some research to see what i can find

thanks guys

Report this post

Re: Evidence
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:07 pm 
Cause Premoter
Cause Premoter

Macro-Evolution is not really a term that many Scientists (or at least Biologists) actually use, in essence this is because we don't actually see any barriers between 'micro' and 'macro' Evolution. As far as beneficial mutations, what would you class as a beneficial mutation?

What is your basic understand of 'macro' Evolution?

Evidence for 'macro' Evolution? See the problem is that there is no one piece of evidence that would infer enough to completely substantiate the idea of Common Descent (which I'm assuming is what you're referring to with the whole 'macro' thing). The evidence in itself is vast, and very misunderstood (thanks to distortionists). But let's talk about evidence, maybe we should do this topically? We'll start with Common Ancestry perhaps? What do you know about Common Ancestry?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

common acestry - I believe that you can not prove that a monkey gave birth to a human

When it comes down to it you find a fossil in the dirt, you dont know it had any offspring.

This is what i find differcult, you cant prove who a animal's parent was therefor no one could possibly no that a man was born from a monkey or monkey type ancestor

Example - If i find to fossils in the dirt in the same place, tell me in one way or another how you could prove one is the parent and the other is the offspring of that parent ?

You cant !

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:41 pm 
Advanced Informer
Advanced Informer

First, mutations are not good or bad, they are simply changes. It is Natural Selection, whether or not the critter lives long enough to reproduce that we call good or bad.

If a change helps the critter reproduce, then in that particular environment it is good. In another environment the exact same change might well hinder the chance of living long enough to reproduce and so would be considered bad.

It is those two things, the changes themselves and the filtering done through Natural Selection that is the Theory of Evolution.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:41 pm 
Advanced Informer
Advanced Informer

Crazynutsx wrote:
common acestry - I believe that you can not prove that a monkey gave birth to a human

When it comes down to it you find a fossil in the dirt, you dont know it had any offspring.

This is what i find differcult, you cant prove who a animal's parent was therefor no one could possibly no that a man was born from a monkey or monkey type ancestor

Example - If i find to fossils in the dirt in the same place, tell me in one way or another how you could prove one is the parent and the other is the offspring of that parent ?

You cant !

No one has ever claimed that a monkey would give birth to a human.

What is said is the both humans and the other Great Apes are both primates.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:48 pm 
Cause Premoter
Cause Premoter

Crazynutsx wrote:

You cant !

Okay, I'm not talking about fossils, I'm talking about Biological Evolution, though fossils play a major role they are not really in my field of research. So for debate's sake I was theoretically suppose that all fossils are false.

You've told me what you think Common Ancestry cannot do, I'm asking you to tell me what it is, I want to know how much you understand about it.

As far as monkeys giving birth to humans, well there you're just being disingenuous really. No one is asserting that man came from monkeys, where are you getting your information from?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

ok i will admite i didnt say it in the way i ment it

I no the theory means that humans slowly devloped from monkies over millions of years

What common accestry is all living things on earth decent from a common accestor :)

Or are you talking about just humman accestry ?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:03 pm 
Advanced Informer
Advanced Informer

Crazynutsx wrote:

I no the theory means that humans slowly devloped from monkies over millions of years

What common accestry is all living things on earth decent from a common accestor :)

Not really monkeys. We are one the Apes.

All life is descended from earlier life forms. It is only looking back over our shoulder that we can see the differences develop.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

there is no evidance at all to show one animal developed into another kind of animal

If they were why can animals millions of years ago do something that animals today cant do

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:11 pm 
Cause Premoter
Cause Premoter

Crazynutsx wrote:

No, not monkeys, no one is saying monkeys. For the record, we are not descended from monkeys. We share a Common Ancestor with monkeys, but we did not descend from monkeys. Common Ancestry is essentially that yes, i.e. Descent with modification. Now Common Ancestry has a branch of proof all on it's own known as Phylogenics. Does this term sound familiar to you? If not I will be more than happy to explain it.

"there is no evidance at all to show one animal developed into another kind of animal. If they were why can animals millions of years ago do something that animals today cant do." Okay define kind? Kind is not a Scientifically recognized term. Actually it is a continual process that happens today, however due to larger populations being presented Evolution is not occurring as rapidly (see Punctuated Equilibrium). However you seem to assert that animals in your time should give birth to a completely different organism. This is completely false. Have you done any form of Biology before?

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next