All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to creationvsevolution

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Print view | E-mail friend

Is this evidence evolution is a bad influence?
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time

These charts show that society changed rapidly when Evolution was introduced into main stream schools and was being taught

Report this post

Re: Is this evidence evolution is a bad influence?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:42 am 
Researcher
Researcher

In 1963 Iron Man was first seen in Marvel Comic's Tales of Suspense #39 and has continued to be very popular to both the old and the young.
Are your graphs evidence that Iron Man is a bad influence?

Anyway, in 1925, William Jennings Bryan (an American politician) helped introduce legislation prohibiting the teaching of evolution in schools.
This would mean that evolution was taught in schools a long time before 1963.

(Did you mean to post the large image asking: "Could this violence be a result of what we are teaching kids in school?" as you listed no violence.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 am 
Researcher
Researcher

In my estimation after going through certain purifications gradually by increasing my success rate and endurance, while I thought it was due to my will power that I had learned to abstain from meat-eating, alcohol, drugs, smoking, and even sex (to a certain degree), after the epiphany that I had in 1995, I changed my thinking on the subject. I then considered that if this higher kingdom (which I named girasas) was attempting to take hold of me and use me for some purpose, that it was due to their plan on earth that purification was even possible for me.

If it hadn't been their presence in me and guidance, I don't believe that the purifying I was able to do would have occurred to the extent that it did. If there are people who want to devote their lives to operating as an "instrument" for this higher kingdom, then it is very possible that this kingdom will help those who seek that type of life. This kingdom may demand more than people are prone to consider, however, and I definitely think that the spiritual reading I did on the subject that encouraged humility, unselfishness, desirelessness and non-attachment as well as other practices, contributed to the success of the effort. The other thing that helped probably was the taking of vows (although I didn't continue with that method).

If a higher kingdom is the only thing that is able to produce the purity in our lives, then it helps to know that's how it is done. It's very frustrating to try for something that can only be produced with contact of this kingdom. If it is reserved for those who endeavor to undergo the girasas influence, it might not be wise for everyone to attempt it without plenty of preparation for what might result.

I was totally caught off guard by what happened, which was a new way of thinking of evolution. If you go into it blind, you might meet some destiny you didn't expect and want to pull back and away from the results. It is disheartening not to be useful or to serve as a guide when something valuable is found. People purifying their lives might encounter knowledge that is very difficult for them to handle or communicate.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:01 am 
Site Admin

But you must admite people conduct their lives depending on what they belive

If you belive a God, you belive there is rules and you must behave accordingly

If you belive in some rock soup, there is no rules and you can do as you like, be violent etc

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:33 am 
Researcher
Researcher

Crazynutsx wrote:
So, you concede that the graphs you supplied are completely wrong?

Crazynutsx wrote:
If I was to give you examples of Christians not behaving accordingly, what would that indicate?

Crazynutsx wrote:
If you belive in some rock soup, there is no rules and you can do as you like, be violent etc
If I was to give you examples of atheists who do not behave as if there are no rules, what would that indicate?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 am 
Site Admin

im jut saying that people will tend to act in way depending on what they believe

obviously you will have differences

But i think deep down everyone knows what right and wrong is... and that can be down to being programmed to belive, feel or somewhere in the back of your mind no that there is a creator with rules

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I think what crazynutsx has said is right :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:55 pm 
Researcher
Researcher

Crazynutsx wrote:
But i think deep down everyone knows what right and wrong is... and that can be down to being programmed to belive, feel or somewhere in the back of your mind no that there is a creator with rules
That is an incredibly vague statement. :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:00 pm 
Researcher
Researcher

Panda wrote:
Crazynutsx wrote:
So, you concede that the graphs you supplied are completely wrong?

Crazynutsx wrote:
If I was to give you examples of Christians not behaving accordingly, what would that indicate?

Crazynutsx wrote:
If I was to give you examples of atheists who do not behave as if there are no rules, what would that indicate?

I think obedience is overrated. I actually assign obedience to involving kingdoms for their growth patterns. I use obedience in the same way that I use involving kingdoms, to make up my environment and to satisfy their needs.

People conduct their lives based on received instructions from those who could demonstrate greatness. However, in the future, I don't see the point of following rules. If the girasas kingdom is powerful enough, they can just enforce upon us the way to do things. If they are inside of us, it isn't a matter of choice anymore. It becomes their ability to assert dominance over the form and our ability to request results from them. If they love us, they may let us do typically human things from time to time, but I imagine those things and their results will be mostly washed away as if a tide of waves washed over the shore. Once they have us, we would become totally enthralled with them and their mighty ways and my life and who I am would recede into a kind of limbo. It isn't obedience and it isn't free will. It's silent watching and then eventually, when we are set free from their mighty nature, we stumble and try to right ourselves in an effort to accomplish what we are shown without the necessary features of form that they have rightly evolved, but we have only witnessed in them and not accomplished.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

everyone has there own beliefs

the evidence is there...its how you choose to look at it

Report this post